Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Randomness - Kitchens

Kitchens

Ever notice that when you're at a party, or at home with family during the holidays, or even just over at a friend's house, you almost always end up standing around talking in the kitchen? It doesn't matter if the kitchen is the smallest room in the house, it's hot, and all of the food is sitting in another room, everyone will end up hanging out in there.

Well, add another time to the list that you end up standing around the kitchen talking: When you visit a food photographer's studio! I recently had the pleasure of visiting Souders Studios. I'll have to tell you more about that trip some other time (hint: it was amazing!), but for now I want to focus on this kitchen thing.

During the tour, I saw a very nice client lounge area, a fun meeting room and an outdoor patio. Where do you think we ended up standing around talking? Yup, the kitchen. Not that I'm complaining! It was a really nice kitchen. It just occurred to me that evening that you just can't get away from the fact that if you're going to have a conversation and there's a kitchen anywhere close to you, somehow the conversation will end up taking place in the kitchen.

OK, I feel like there's some sort of joke about alphabet soup here (you know... words, talking, food, kitchens), but I've got nothing.