Friday, September 3, 2010

The Friday Fix - 9/3/10

I'm not sure how I stumbled across Moloko. It seems like I might have heard a remix of one of their songs and then gone looking for more of their music. Maybe I just came across them when I was in my trip hop phase. I do remember their first regular, un-remixed song that I heard: "Fun For Me". If you've never heard this song, it's pretty hard to describe so just give it a listen.

Tuesday I sat down to edit some photos. I wasn't sure what I wanted to listen to or even what I felt like listening to. To be honest, I couldn't even remember what I had been listening to on Monday. So when Moloko popped into my head out of nowhere, it sounded like a pretty good idea. I put on Do You Like My Tight Sweater and got busy. Once the album was over, I was still in the mood for Moloko, so I headed over to Grooveshark and gave a few other albums a listen.

I was very surprised at how amazing all of their albums are! They all have a distinct feel and are all full of good music. I picked out 4 albums, made a playlist and have been listening to it on repeat all week long.

It's so good to discover new music from an artist that you enjoy. I'm happy that I stumbled across 3 new Moloko albums that I hadn't heard before... almost as happy as I was the first time I heard them!