Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why ProDPI Is My Photo Lab


A few weeks ago I placed an order for some prints through ProDPI, a professional photo lab. The prints weren't for a client. They were just some sample prints with their Green Executive Packaging. I'd been wondering how this packaging looked and felt for a while, so I finally decided to place an order and find out.

Thanks to ProDPIs super-fast turnaround time and shipping, I knew that if I placed an order on Tuesday morning I should get the package Wednesday afternoon (to be fair, I live in the same city, so shipping is always crazy-fast). The email I received from UPS confirmed this, saying the package was picked up on Tuesday and was due to be delivered on Wednesday.

Wednesday came and went with no package. Thursday came and went with no package. Thursday night I decided to check the tracking number and see what the deal was. Imagine my surprise when I saw the package had been delivered on Wednesday at noon! Wait a minute... no it hadn't. I was at home on Wednesday at noon. No one knocked on my door. No package had been delivered. So, I headed over to UPS's web site, filled out a lost package form and figured I was pretty much out of luck.

Just so ProDPI would know what was going on, I sent them a quick email saying that the package never arrived and they might expect to hear from UPS. Friday morning, I woke up to this email:

"Thank you so much for your email! Don't worry about a thing! We'll have this order reprocessed right away. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Happy Friday!
Krystal"


Friday night I received the UPS tracking info for a new package from ProDPI and had my prints Monday morning. Ironically, Monday afternoon I received a call from UPS inquiring about the package and Tuesday the guy who delivered my package the first time showed up at my house. He had delivered it to the wrong address because "this wasn't his normal route". Unfortunately, he couldn't recover the package from the first wrong address. Fortunately this package was something that could just be reprinted and shipped. What if it had been something that couldn't be replaced?

So, to keep things positive, this is just one of the many reasons why ProDPI is my lab. Their customer service is excellent. Their print quality is the best I've seen. Their prices are competitive. Their turnaround times are ridiculously fast. They are local. They care about the environment. They use lots of exclamation marks! And, although I've only met them once, they're really nice people! Why would I even consider using anyone else? Thank you, ProDPI. You've got a customer for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment