Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Randomness - Marketing Advice (From A Fortune Cookie)


Advice comes from many places. Sometimes they're sources you'd expect. Other times, not so much.

Take today for instance. This fortune cookie had been sitting on our coffee table for a few days. I finally decided to eat it. Inside, I found the message "Nobody can be exactly like you."

While this might be obvious, when applied to your marketing efforts, to your business and even to your life, imagine how powerful this statement is! Nobody can be exactly like you. Who you are is unique and if you offer yourself to your clients and to the people in your life, you can give them something that no one else can give them: you!

If you've read a few marketing books (at least marketing books for photographers), this isn't a new concept. I've seen it mentioned in almost every book I've read. Sometimes it's nice just to be reminded when you least expect it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote: "Be yourself, as everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just given me a little more inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete