Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Children's Group Photo Shoot

What do you get when you combine one of Denver's best child and newborn photographers with 10 kids, a big white studio and balloons? Amazing photos! This is exactly what happened a few weeks ago, but I wasn't the photographer who put it all together. I was just along for the ride.

Marina Lower, a good friend and great photographer, decided to put together a fashion shoot for kids. Her inspiration was this 2009 Gap commercial. Let me just say that this is not a project that I would ever undertake on my own. Not only would I be unable to handle 10 kids, but I would have no idea how to style them. Fortunately, Marina can style kids so that they look like they came right out of a Gap commercial! While she loves working with newborns, Marina sure had fun working with these 4-6 year olds. I have to admit that I had a good time too.

We wanted to do a big group shot, but we also wanted some smaller group shots as well as individual photos. Once we nailed the big group shot (no small task), we split up into smaller groups. I got photos of the boys mostly, but managed to get a few of the girls, as well as some of the siblings who were there.

One thing that Marina was very clear about was the kids who participated needed to have personality. The kids she found had personality to spare! Don't believe me? Just take a look at some of these photos... but first, let me just say thank you to Marina for inviting me along to participate in her shoot. I ended up having a great time, but really, she did all of the hard work and just let me have fun and take pictures. OK, on to the photos!




2 comments:

  1. These are awesome and SO cute! Love all their outfits. I'm going to steal your ring light :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The outfits totally made this shoot work. How about I just let you borrow it once in a while? :)

    ReplyDelete