Friday, December 24, 2010

Year End Review - Fundraisers and Donations


If you're a reader of comic books (or have at least seen the movie Spider-Man), you're familiar with the quote: "With great power comes great responsibility."  I'm not sure if I'd say I have great power, but I do feel that, as someone who is able to help, I have a responsibility to help.

In the last year, I have donated my services to a variety of organizations in the Denver area.  From volunteering to photograph events to participating in fundraisers, giving back to the community has been a big part of 2010 for me.  Here are a few different ways that I've tried to give a little help this year:


  • Photo Fundraisers - Through 3 different photo fundraisers in 2010, I was able to raise $570 in donations for 3 different non profit organizations.
  • In Kind Donations - Between video production and event photography, an in kind donation of $800 was made to Colorado MESA.  Event photography services were provided to a variety of other organizations throughout the year.
  • Silent Auctions - Portrait packages were donated to 4 different organizations, who auctioned them of in silent auctions.
  • Contests - Back in September, a photo that I entered in a competition won $750 for Children's Outreach Project.  Read more here...
  • Fundraisers - My last effort of the year was a fundraiser with Children's Outreach Project that involved photographing children with Santa!  We were able to raise almost $450 in a matter of a few hours. 

As I look back at 2010, I'm proud to see how many different organizations have benefited from my services. It was a successful year, but there are so many ways I can refine and improve my giving for 2011.  I can't wait to dive in and see what kind of an impact can be made next year!

Here are a few photos I took at Children's Outreach Project for a fundraising breakfast they held earlier in 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment