Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tech Tuesdays - Sneak Preview

Since I’m busy getting ready for a vacation at the moment, I thought I’d give you a sneak preview of some gear that you can expect to see reviewed in the near future.

- Think Tank Streetwalker HardDrive: This new camera bag has been one of the best investments I’ve made in a while. My old bag was (and still is) great, but this bag takes things to a whole new level. It’s already come with me on one big trip. After I get back from another big trip I’ll really be able to give a full review of what it’s all about. The big question is this: Will I get to review the included rain cover? Hopefully not, but it's there if I need it!

- Lastolite TriFlip Bottletop Covers: What is this? It's simply an amazing product! If you have a Lastolite TriGrip, you need these. They're covers that slip over your TriGrip, turning it into any reflector that Lastolite makes! It's a kit of 7 different materials that hardly takes up any room! It's everything you need when you need it! It really is that cool.

- Pro Show Gold: Need to make a quick slideshow that looks great and includes both photos and video? Want to completely customize a video that shows off your photography? Do you need full control over transitions and the look and feel of your videos? With Pro Show Gold you’ve got all that and more. Maybe I’ll make a video review!

- Dell Studio XPS Laptop: Us photographers are typically pretty mobile (I‘m actually typing this while driving down the interstate… well, my wife is driving). When you’re mobile, a laptop is a great tool to have in your bag. If you plan on doing any kind of photo work like editing on that laptop, it needs to have some power. This laptop’s got power, and a big screen, and a good battery… it’s pretty sweet. It’s also coming with me on vacation, so I’ll get to use it to back up photos on the go!

- Wacom Tablet: How did I ever live without one of these? Now, when I need to do some editing and just have a mouse, it’s like going back to the dark ages. That’s actually how they would have tortured medieval photographers (if photography and computers existed back then). They give you a Wacom tablet, let you get used to it, then take it away and force you to use a mouse. Noooo!!!!

So there you go… a sneak peak of a few pieces of gear that have made my life a little (or a lot) easier. Expect full reviews to start up mid-August. Until then, I’m going to go hike around Seattle and Victoria! Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment