Friday, August 27, 2010

The Friday Fix - 8/27/10

It's been a rather light week for listening to music. For some reason, there hasn't really been anything that I've been addicted to. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been stuck on one album all week, but that's it.

So what's been taking up all of my time? I've been watching Jasmine Star on the CreativeLIVE broadcast as she prepares to shoot a wedding, live over the internet! The class started on Wednesday and goes through Sunday. Talk about a marathon! It's been amazing to watch and if you haven't had a chance to tune in, you should definitely take some time to watch. You won't regret it.

This has been a good week for live music. I added about 3 new concerts to my calendar, bringing it to a total of 5 shows that I plan on seeing over the next few months. So, who am I planning on seeing? Here's the list: Ra Ra Riot, Bob Schneider, OK Go, Mumford and Sons, and Sufjan Stevens. Dang! That's a good lookin' list of shows!

The album that I've been listening to this week is The Black Ghosts "Mixtape". It's an amazing mix of their songs and other artists' songs that they've remixed into one continuous mix. I can't tell you how many times Belinda and I have listened to this when we needed some energy or a little extra motivation. Definitely check it out if you have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment