Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fashion Denver First Friday - May


What do you get when you mix a clothing showroom, lots of fashionable people, a First Friday in Denver and a camera? Lots of great photos! Fashion Denver invited me down to take some photos at their May First Friday festivities. We couldn't have asked for a better night. It was nice enough that people were just coming out of their winter hibernation to enjoy the nice weather, but just cool enough that people were happy to come into the shop to warm up a bit.

What a great way to celebrate spring! The music didn't stop all night long and there were models walking around in fashionable outfits right off the racks. There was great conversation, interesting people-watching and cold beer. I was in the middle of it all with my camera.

I set up a bright pink backdrop and Brandi Shigley, the mastermind behind Fashion Denver, steered people from the showroom to my impromptu photo booth. It always amazes me how much a person's personality can come out in front of a camera, even if they've only just met you. Although some people required a little encouragement, most were comfortable just jumping on the pink paper and getting goofy!

Between First Friday party-goers, I had a chance to snap a few photos of the clothing designers and the models who were wearing their creations. It was great to chat with them and make a few new connections. I think positive and creative people are attracted to other positive and created people, which means that Fashion Denver is the epicenter of positive vibes and creativity in Denver because Brandi is the most positive and creative person I know.

At the end of the night, once the beer was gone and the crowds had disappeared, all that was left was some torn pink paper and a few tired Fashion Denver interns. I had a big smile on my face and couldn't wait to do it again. Fortunately, the next First Friday was only a month away!

To see more photos from this event, click here.

UPDATE: Join me this Friday, July 2, at Fashion Denver for more First Friday festivities! More details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment