Friday, October 9, 2009

Sasha



Last week Sasha contacted me about taking some photos of her when another photographer decided he was too busy. She said that she was pregnant and wanted to take some maternity photos soon, as she was close to her due date. Thankfully, our schedules (and the weather) worked out perfectly.

We met in Washington Park in Denver on what may turn out to be the last beautiful and warm day of the year. The weather was absolutely perfect. That's good, because when Sasha told me that one of her outfits was going to be a little top and a "sheet", I didn't know how comfortable she would be if it got cold out. Uncomfortable pregnant lady = very short photo shoot!

If anyone was uncomfortable during this shoot, I think it was her husband. He was more than happy to hang out and be my assistant, but when it came time to get him into the photos, he made it known that it wasn't his thing. After some coaching and direction, he got into it and we got a good variety of photos with both of them in them.

At the end of the day, after driving around for an hour (they got lost on the way to the park), two outfits, being on her feet for 2 hours and no bathroom breaks (I offered!), Sasha still looked as wonderful as when she arrived. I was surprised at her stamina! She had fun, she kept laughing and most of all, she radiated a warm, caring glow throughout the entire shoot that came through in the photos. I think she's going to make a great mother.

You can see more photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment