Thursday, October 15, 2009

Laura


There are many words that can describe Laura: bubbly, spunky, fun, tough... The thing that surprises me is how our shoot lingers in my head and I keep remembering different aspects of it for different reasons.

Laura is a student at CSU, so I headed up to Fort Collins on a foggy Wednesday morning. During our entire shoot, there was a nice, even cloud cover across the sky. This gave us excellent light to work with. Unfortunately, the temperature was pretty chilly and Laura was not wearing warm clothes. It didn't phase her, though. She went strong for over two hours and only really said that her hands were cold. We did notice that her knees were starting to turn purple from the cold, but we said we wouldn't mention that, so forget I said anything...

What really impressed me about Laura was her diversity of poses and facial expressions. She said she hadn't done many shoots before, but I couldn't tell. She's got some talent! I can't wait to see what she's doing in another year or two.

While I was editing the photos, various parts of Laura's personality kept surfacing. This gave me some time to reflect on our shoot and get a better feel for it than I had immediately afterwords. What I've decided is that Laura was a lot of fun to work with, no two shoots with her will be the same and I'll always walk away with good photos when we work together again.

You can see more photos from the shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment