Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Instant Film 11 Years Later

This past weekend, Belinda and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary up in Steamboat Springs. We walked, talked and explored the cute little shops in downtown Steamboat. I always love stopping into old drug stores, so of course we dropped into Lyon's Corner Drug and Soda Fountain to look around. I almost missed it, but when we were on our way out the door I saw it... a vintage photobooth! I couldn't round up $2 in quarters fast enough. We sat down inside, pulled the curtain and, after 4 quick flashes, we waited for our photos to drop out. Here's what we got....



I was thinking about it and it's only appropriate that we got a bit of instant photo gratification on our anniversary. When we got married, we thought it would be fun to put out Polaroid I-Zone cameras at our reception and let guests take photos of themselves and write their thoughts and well-wishes for us to read many years later.  We put out these instructions, along with a bunch of cameras, film, paper and crayons:



Wow, look at that photo... we were so young! Anyway, it was a huge success! We used up all of the film and got so many fun photos and handwritten notes from our guests. Belinda and I were just looking through them and really enjoyed remembering our wedding day and the guests who were a part of it.







Happy Anniversary, Belinda! I hope you know this is a new tradition for our future anniversaries... Polaroid or photobooth fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment