Friday, July 23, 2010

The Friday Fix - An Introduction

I spend a lot of time listening to music during the week. Whether I'm in the car driving to a shoot, in the studio during a shoot or at home editing photos, I always have music playing in the background. Music has always played a big part in my life. I've never really been able to put on the radio and just listen to whatever comes along. I pick music to fit my moods, to enhance my productivity or just to listen to whatever is stuck in my head. I'm sure it's the same for lots of people.

In an effort to make this blog a little more personal, I thought it might be fun to share the music that's influenced me over the course of each week, so every Friday I'll put together a list of my week in music. Hopefully at some point you'll find something new that you like. Maybe you'll find that we share the same taste in music. Maybe you'll despise everything that I listen to. It's all good.

So, without further ado, here is what I've been listening to this week:

- Tracey Thorn: An amazing female vocalist. Her music is dance-influenced, but pretty chill. Her solo work is incredible, but she's also the lead vocalist in Everything But The Girl. I could listen to her music all day long.
- Everything But The Girl: A duo consisting of Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt. You'd probably recognize their song "Missing" if you heard it. Again, dance music with amazing vocals. Very listenable!
- Jonsi: This guy is probably one of the top singer/songwriters of our time. Never heard of him? If you've heard Sigur Ros, he's the lead singer. It's pretty tough to describe his singing, so just do yourself a favor and check him out. Perfect for calm, background music.
- Bassdrive: Every time Belinda goes out of town, I get on a Bassdrive kick. It's just drum and bass, 24/7. Pretty intense stuff to listen to for an entire day, but it sure helps with the productivity!

That's about it for this week. I had Bassdrive on for most of the week, so there's not a lot of variety here. I wonder what next week's music will sound like? Check back next Friday and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment