Friday, April 2, 2010

Ross


Sometimes things get a little slow and you just want to shoot. Fortunately, when that happens, all I have to do is put out a casting call and I can usually set up a shoot rather quickly, even with last-minute notice! For my latest casting call, Ross came to the rescue. He wasn't doing anything and drove up from Colorado Springs for a shoot. What made this shoot even better was that I had worked with him at my last shoot in Colorado Springs, so we already knew each other.

Before we could shoot, though, Ross had to get to the shoot. He missed the turn and ended up driving about an extra 15 miles north of the studio. Fortunately, he called me before he got to Wyoming, so I was able to get him turned around and to the studio pretty easily! Once he arrived, since we already knew each other we were able to start shooting right away.

Typically, Ross models underwear. For this shoot, he wanted to shoot without a shirt, but keep his pants on. That was fine with me, as I didn't really have any shots like that in my portfolio yet. It also gave me a chance to play with some more harsh and severe lighting styles that don't typically work for families or female models. He got the shots he wanted, I got to do something different and we both had a good time.

Unfortunately, because of his lengthy detour on his way to the shoot, Ross and I didn't get to shoot as long as we would have liked. I still give him a lot of credit for not getting frustrated when he got lost and coming to the shoot with a good attitude and ready to shoot. I really like the photos we got and hope that he finds them useful as well.

You can see more photos from the shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment