Friday, April 23, 2010

Kira



I don't typically seek out models to work with, at least not specific individuals. When I saw photos of Kira, though, I knew we had to work together. For some reason I just felt like we could get some good stuff if we worked together. Fortunately, she agreed to shoot.

Our shoot took place in March, which is a very unpredictable time of year in Colorado. You might get a sunny, 60­° day or you might get a snowy, 0° day. Our day was mostly cloudy, but not too cold. I'm really glad it wasn't too cold because I said we'd meet at the playground at Washington Park, but I didn't realize there were two playgrounds! I stood at one and she stood at the other for about 15 minutes before we figured it out and met up.

The first thing you notice about Kira is not her awesome red hair, not her amazing eyes, not her petite figure but her personality. As soon as she started talking, I realized that she's one smart cookie with personality to spare. I instantly knew that it was going to be a good day.

We took a stroll across the park, talking and getting to know each other a bit. She was very open to any ideas I had, which is always a nice thing. She'd already been to one photo shoot that day, so she was ready and willing to just be told what to do. In reality, though, she doesn't have to do much to get a good photo.

After shooting in some trees, we wandered over to a brick building on the edge of the park. Her hair and skin looked great with the brick, so we spent quite a while here. Once we had finished with the building, we headed back to the trees to take advantage of the sun that was starting to peek out below the clouds. We had to work fast, as it was almost time for it to get dark and the temperature was really starting to drop. We wrapped up, headed back to the cars and called it a day.

I already have a plan for another photo shoot with Kira. Hopefully she'll say yes again and we'll have more great photos to show off!

You can see more photos from the shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment