Monday, February 8, 2010

Daniel



In my initial conversations with Daniel, a model from Parker, he told me that he wanted something a little edgier for his portfolio. "Perfect," I thought, "I can do that." I'll use a darker background, lots of shadows and contours and set the mood with the right music (Massive Attack's "Mezzanine", in case you're interested). What really made the shoot work, though, was Daniel's attitude. He came in ready to shoot some edgier, darker photos. Without the right attitude, the photos would not have turned out the way they did at all!

Daniel came with the right attitude, but also the right outfits. He picked clothing that was not too heavy, not too dark, not too goth, not too biker... just cool guy stuff. Everything he wore, and the attitude he wore it with, said "I'm not just another pretty face!" What really took these photos to the next level was when Daniel decided to pop his collar for some closeups. Wow! Those shots are some of my favorites from any recent shoot I've done.

There are a few things I really enjoyed about this shoot. First, Daniel was not afraid to step outside of his comfort zone to get the shot. From the different attitudes and emotions he expressed to sitting and laying on the floor, he went the extra mile to make it work. Second, he was very enjoyable to talk to. He offered ideas for shots, he talked about previous shoots he'd done and even suggested ideas for future shoots, not to mention the regular chit-chat that goes on over the course of a 2-hour shoot. Finally, I love the images we got! Judging by Daniel's Facebook page, so do lots of other admirers! ;)

You can see more images from the shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment