Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tech Tuesdays - Blogs!


These days, a blog is one of the best ways to let the world know what projects you're working on or what your opinion is about a certain product. For photographers, a blog is probably even more important than a Twitter account, a Facebook page or even a website! There are a number of blogs that I frequent and some that I check every day. I can't tell you how much useful information I've gleaned from surfing different blogs. Here are the blogs that I check out every day:

- Scott Kelby's Blog: Scott Kelby is the author of some of the best Photoshop books around. He's also a pretty entertaining writer, which always makes for a good read.
- Photofocus: Scott Bourne is like a blogging (and Tweeting) machine. I'm always amazed at how many blog posts he has.
- Strobist: Strobist is one of those sites that has so much information it just overloads and overwhelms you, but if you have a question about lighting, there's probably an answer for you in there.
- Nikon Rumors: I just like to see what's happening in the world of Nikon.
- Flickr: OK, so Flickr isn't a blog, but it can be viewed as a pulse of the worldwide photographic community at any given moment. Make some contacts, join some groups, follow some conversations and you'll have gobs of current and valuable information at your fingertips.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I know there are lots more blogs out there, but these are just some that I check on a daily basis. Now, to really make this a Tech Tuesday, I need to talk about some gear. Fortunately, Scott Kelby and Scott Bourne have already talked about gear for me, so I'm just going to provide a few links to recent articles they've written. Scott Kelby's article is about his favorite stuff from 2009 and Scott Bourne's article is about seven must have accessories. Enjoy!

"Best of 2009" Picks

Seven Must Have Accessories For Your New DSLR

No comments:

Post a Comment