Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sammy T Plays for Hope Connects



I recently re-connected with a college friend, Sam (aka: Sammy T). He and I were in a band together and always shared a love of music. Sam has stayed on the music path and on Thursday night he was using his talents to benefit those who are less fortunate. He, along with his friend George (aka: OrangePeelMoses), played at Spill for a fundraiser for Hope Connects to help raise money for the people of Congo.

It was great to see Sam and meet George. Their music sounded great. It also felt good to see so many people come out to support Hope Connects, including Wojtek Wolski of the Colorado Avalanche, who tended bar for the night! I'm sure I'll be at the next event and I'm sure you'll be seeing photos from it as well. Hopefully I'll be able to let you know in advance so you can attend and support this great charity and listen to some great music.

Here's a link to Sam's blog: Sammy T

You can see more photos from the evening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment