Monday, August 15, 2011

Randomness - Batteries

Batteries


It seems that our lives these days are controlled by batteries. Ever had your cell phone battery die? It feels like the end of the world! Don't even get me stared on laptops.

We rely on the batteries in our cell phones, laptops, cameras, remote controls, iPods... you name it, it probably has a battery that needs charged (and without which we cannot survive a day). I have a strict charging regimen for my camera gear. As I type this, I'm charging batteries for two different cameras, a bunch of AAs for my flash, my Epson P-3000, my cell phone and my laptop. I've also got backup batteries for items like light meters and microphones. After tonight's wedding, I'll come home and do it all over again before tomorrow's wedding.

We take so much time to charge the batteries for the items that make our lives easier, but we so often neglect recharging ourselves. Can I take an evening off? Probably not... I've got a few things to do. How about a weekend? Are you crazy? I've got waaaay to much to do. Vacation? Get real.

I know that Belinda and I have both been draining our batteries faster than they can recharge. This fall, after wedding and senior photo season, I think we're due for a little break. Where do you go to recharge?

No comments:

Post a Comment