Friday, April 1, 2011

New Photography Book - "It's Called Art"



Although it might be a little premature, I'm proud to announce a new photography book I'm working on: It's Called Art.

As many of you know, I'm a portrait photographer, which means I spend the majority of my time photographing people.  I love what I do, but sometimes I get the urge to be a little more artistic.  When this happens, I throw off the shackles and chains of portrait photography, put on my beret and go create art!

What you see here is just a sampling of many years of artistic work that I've created.  This book is an ever-evolving project with new works being created constantly.  You just never know when inspiration is going to engulf your soul. With that being said, I don't have a specific release date for the book yet.  I'll know it when it's ready and I just don't have that feeling yet.

Here are a few photos that may or may not make it into the book:

Blurry photos are a must for any art book.



These photos speak of the grittiness of the urban landscape we all inhabit.

 How many times have you looked over "insignificant" details in your daily life?


 I call these "Self Portrait" and "Girl Kissing Tree".
 Wow.  This is powerful.
 Umm... 

OK, here's a landscape restrained by humanity.  And then this girl... oh, she's kind of scary. 
 Shadows!
I let my imagination take flight. 
So this was some dude at a concert.  It seemed more artistic with the music. 

I have no idea what this is. 

OK, now this is just getting silly.

1 comment: