Thursday, July 21, 2011

Film Is Not Dead



If you're a fan of film, you've probably heard the phrase "film is not dead".  Although digital has all but replaced film for most purposes, there remains a small percentage of photographers who still use film.  While I'm not ready to trade in my digital gear, I did do a photo shoot and used a few different types of film cameras.  Not everything was a success, but I did get some results that I'm happy with.

I just picked up an Epson V500 scanner (which you can expect a review of in the near future) and started scanning in some of my negatives.  So far, with the exception of Polaroids, all of my film work has been on medium format 120 film.  I've used my Yashica-D TLR and Holga, which has an insert that changes the images from a square format to a more traditional portrait format.  Here are a few images that I scanned in today:





You might also remember my Senior Photo Sneak Peek with Kristina last week where I mentioned I shot some film as well as digital.  Here are a few from that shoot:





I am very encouraged with these results and plan on shooting more film in the near future.  Once I do, I'll be sure to share the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment