Thursday, June 23, 2011

10 Years of Awesome Love


It's hard to believe that 10 years ago, on a hot summer day in Pueblo, CO, Belinda and I stood in front of friends and family and said "I do".  Although it seems like it was only yesterday, when I think about all of the moments, hours and days that we've enjoyed together, I start to wonder how we've done so much together in only 10 years.

We've been on multi-day road trips across the country.  We've relaxed on beautiful beaches and swam with exotic sea creatures.  We've climbed rocky 14ers, hiked to secluded alpine lakes, scrambled on Utah slickrock and trekked through redwood forests.  We've eaten at some amazing restaurants, met some fabulous people and been to some incredible concerts.  She's indulged my geeky tendencies (fountain pen convention in Chicago geeky enough for you?) and I've indulged her affliction for all things sparkly (she made it pretty clear that her 10 year anniversary gift would be quite sparkly).

Although we've had a lot of fun together, marriage is about more than having fun.  She's been my biggest supporter when it comes to my career.  When I have questions or doubts, she's there to guide me back to my path.  When I have moments of success, she's there to congratulate me and then push me towards bigger things. I do the same for her and her career.  We wouldn't have made it this far if we didn't both support and believe in each other and what we do.

Before we got married we were best friends and I'm happy to say that after 10 years of marriage we still are.  I still make her laugh and she still makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world.  We have frequent coffee shop dates, just like we did in high school.  We still hold hands when we walk and snuggle with each other on the couch when we watch a movie.  Most importantly, we still dream.  We dream about the next year, the next 10 years, the next 50 years.  Our first 10 years of marriage have been amazing... I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold in store for us.

If you didn't get your fill of sappy lovey blog posts yet, you can also read all about our first date.

4 comments: