Monday, September 28, 2009

Scott, Marla, Amanda, Vanessa, Jared and Marisa



After a long week of cold, rainy weather, the sun decided to make an appearance and warm Denver up a bit. The timing couldn't have been better for Sunday's photo shoot with Scott and Marla's family. It was a warm, sunny day that made spending a few hours outside wonderful. What made it even better was spending the time with this fun group of people!

When they first arrived, Jared was the person who I noticed first. He was so full of energy! He was running around, but was still well-behaved. He had so much energy during the entire shoot, I figured he'd burn out at some point, but he never did. It made for some great photo opportunities, like when he started climbing a brick wall.

Vanessa was a little shy, but was still a good sport about getting her picture taken. After a while, she decided not to smile much, so I worked with what I had and got some great serious photos of her. One of my favorite photos of the day came when she was off doing gymnastics in the grass while I was taking photos of someone else.

Want to know who's going to be America's Next Top Model? Marisa! Well, maybe not next, but give her a few years and she'll be right there. This girl knows how to work a camera. By the end of the day, she was coaching her entire family on how to pose.

Amanda is the oldest sibling and was a lot of fun to work with. She has a great smile, but the camera was totally loving her hair! The wind would come up just enough to blow it away from her head, giving her that supermodel look. I couldn't have done it better in a studio.

Finally, as the adults, Scott and Marla had their hands full with the four kids (with help from Amanda), but still managed to look great in their photos. They were very open to my suggestions and freely gave their input as well. I couldn't ask for a nicer couple to spend a few hours with.

After the shoot, the family was heading over to see Cirque du Soliel, so towards the end photos started to become a little less important to the kids. Fortunately, they finished strong and didn't get burned out. As we were walking back to our cars, I had my highlight of the day: Jared asked me if I would come to the circus with him.

You can find more photos from the shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment