Friday, April 6, 2012

Film Fun!

Lately, during the wedding off-season, I've been having a lot of fun shooting film. One of my studio-mates, Tess with Love n Joy Photography, has been shooting with me. We've actually started a project: one roll per week, send it in to the lab on Monday, start shooting a new roll and wait for our scans to come back. Repeat for 5-6 weeks. The wait is definitely the hardest part, but it's so much fun when you get to finally see what you shot a few weeks ago!

Film isn't a brand new endeavor for me, but it's definitely something I'm taking a little more seriously these days.  I started playing around with it last year, but now I'm really trying to figure out the different qualities of all of the different films that are available and find a few that are just right for me. You'll get to see all my experiments as scans come back from the lab, so check back often to see how I'm doing!

Here are a few from my first few test rolls...

Since we kept looking at the backs of our cameras, we decided to at least give ourselves something to look at. :)





Here's one of me taken  by my wonderful wife, Belinda.
A (blurry) self-portrait of me and Tess, newly-obsessed film buddies.



5 comments:

  1. I miss shooting film! It's been forever! It's good to see that F100, I love that dang camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina! That's a good eye, Brian. I'm loving it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laura! More to come soon... :)

    ReplyDelete