Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


It's the weekend before Valentine's Day and I've spent the day hanging out with Belinda and Tess. They've been crafty all day making valentines for loved ones and I've been working and taking photos. Among other things, we've been talking about relationships and love. It's contagious, this talk of love. It changes your outlook on things. Maybe not your outlook on life, but at least on the day. It puts a little spring in your step.

I feel so lucky that I get to spend so much time with two people who I love so much: Belinda, my wife, life partner and soul mate; and Tess, someone who was barely even a part of my life a year ago, yet now we're best friends (homies, if you will), studio mates and so much more. Without these two people in my life, I don't know what I'd do.

Really, to me, that's what Valentine's Day is about. It's about romantic love, sure. But what other holiday is there for letting people know how much they mean to you? Thanksgiving? Maybe. Birthdays? Sure. But Valentines Day... It's written off by so many people as a Hallmark holiday, but it can be so much more if you get past the flowers, candy and cupids. So, this Valentine's Day, I plan to tell two amazing people how much they mean to me. I think I'll tell them in person, though. Maybe I'll even write them a valentine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment