Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thoughts of Thanks

While I sit here at my in-law's house in Pueblo sipping coffee, eating potica (something that, unfortunately, has not seemed to migrate north towards Denver), and listening to some jazz, I have a few minutes of quiet to reflect on what I'm thankful for this year. In no particular order, I'm thankful for:

  • My wife, Belinda, for all of her support, encouragement and patience.
  • Coffee!
  • My wonderful clients who are so full of confidence, trust and love that sometimes I can hardly believe it.
  • Technology, for making things both infinitely easier yet, at the same time, infinitely more complicated.
  • My family, who always tell me they like my photos even when I don't.
  • Coffee shops with free wifi.
  • Professional print labs who make my work look amazing!
  • A reliable car.
  • The health of my family and myself.
  • My cat, Sweet Pea, who has very long hair but fortunately does not ever get hairballs (I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am about this one).
  • Did I mention coffee?
If I really wanted to start thanking individuals I'd be here all day.  There are so many wonderful people who I've met or worked with in the last year.  Hopefully, if I'm appreciative of your support, I've told you or you've received a thank you note from me at some point in the last year.  If not, then I'd like to extend a big Thank You to everyone who has helped me get to where I am today.  I can only imagine what next year holds in store for me and the wonderful people I'm going to get to know.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some pies to bake.  On the menu this year: Pumpkin Cream Pie (a new variation of the traditional pumpkin pie), Pecan Pie (maybe we'll add a little bourbon again this year), and Vinegar Pie (not very traditional, but if it turns out anything like the piece I ate in Arkansas this year, should be amazing!).

No comments:

Post a Comment