Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tech Tuesdays - Stylists


So my latest, favorite secret weapon for photo shoots is... a make-up artist? That's not really technology, now is it? No, it's not, but I figure anything that can give your photos that extra edge, that extra bit of polish is worth writing about, so here we go.

Last week I did a big shoot for a local hair stylist, Tanya Owens. Over the course of 4 hours we worked with 11 people and about 15 different looks on two different backgrounds. She was doing some amazing things to these people's hair! I had never done a photo shoot before where the hair was so done, so out of the ordinary. It makes a huge difference! I know that it's not feasible to have a hair stylist for every shoot (although it would be nice), I know that for big shoots it's one of those things that can take your images to the next level.

Speaking of taking things to the next level, Jacki Renee (aka Bella Amore) was on hand to do everyone's makeup. If Tanya's hair took things to the next level, Jacki's makeup put the images over the top! I don't want to say that women don't know how to do their makeup, because they do. They do it every day and it looks great. The problem is, in my opinion, they do it every day! Anything you do on a daily basis will start to become routine. Routine can be boring. Jacki's makeup is not boring! She put on colors and styles that I'm sure these women had never dreamed of applying. The best part is that they just looked so good! The color came out so well in the photos that I was just blown away (and so were the women when they saw the photos on my camera)!

If my normal photos are good, then adding a hair stylist or makeup artist will make them great. Adding both will make them amazing! Who wouldn't want amazing photos? From now on, whenever it's possible I'm going to have as many stylists as possible to take my shoots to the next level.

For more info about Tanya and Jacki, please visit their Model Mayhem sites:

Tanya Owens
Jacki Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment